- Have you wanted to learn to meditate but don’t know where to begin?
- Have you struggled to establish and/or maintain a meditation or mindfulness practice?
- Have you tried meditation and found it so challenging you gave up?
- Have you become frustrated with your inability to find the silence “promised” in meditation?
- Have you attended meditation gatherings only to become frustrated by what seems to look so easy to others but feels difficult to you?
You are NOT alone!
Meditation that is comprised of “sit down and be quiet” simply does NOT work for most people. This is especially true for those with an active, creative or even restless mind.
Join us for this six week class where you will learn specific meditation practices geared toward engaging and then bringing stillness to the creative and active mind. The goal will be for you to find one or two practices that work for you so that you can enjoy the benefits of meditation that everyone is raving about:
- Reduces sensitivity to external stimuli.
- Increases attention and awareness.
- Increases control over mental processes.
- Increases mental and emotional well-being.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Decreases severity and frequency of depressive episodes.
- Helps to release patterns of worry and maladaptive thought patterns.
- Increases tolerance to stressors and perceived threats.
- Assists in threat discernment (to what degree is a situation threatening, if at all).
- Releases patterns of unworthiness, self-loathing, self-criticism, and condemnation.
- Repressed emotional material is released.
In accomplishing these benefits, meditation helps to:
Support the development of curiosity, detachment, acceptance, and non-judgmental awareness, thereby supporting true self-awareness where the subject is free to pursue their own unique gifts and abilities, free from the interference of maladaptive thoughts and behaviors.
Meditation for the Creative and Active Mind
For ages 16-116
6 week class
January 17 – February 21, 2018
6:30 – 8:00 pm
139 N. Lake St.
Facilitated by Lauri Ann Lumby, OM, OPM, MATS
Course fee: $150.00
Class limited to 15 so register early! Payments must be received by Thursday, January 11, 2018 to secure your spot in the class.
Course Fees can be paid directly to Lauri Ann Lumby and mailed to:
Valley Academy for the Arts
139 N. Lake St.
Neenah, WI 54956
Payment can also be made via Paypal by clicking on the link below:
*Course fees are non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
Lauri Ann Lumby, OM, OPM, MATS is an author, transformational educator, spiritual director and human development expert. Lauri has been supporting teens and adults in their journey toward self-actualization through her classes, workshops, retreats, writing, publishing, and transformational counseling since 1995. Lauri is the founder and director of Authentic Freedom Academy in Oshkosh, WI.