Authentic Freedom Academy supports the spiritual awakening and self-actualization of change agents. Toward this end we offer a wide range of local and online classes featuring (but not limited to) the Authentic Freedom protocol developed by founder and director, Lauri Ann Lumby.
Through our classes you are supported in discovering the uniquely creative way in which you have been gifted to find meaning and purpose in your life. Through our classes you will find healing and transformation of the doubts, fears and unhealed wounds that keep you from enjoying your gifts and become empowered to use these gifts for the sake of your own fulfillment and in service to the betterment of the world.
Our classes support you in discovering the answer to the following questions:
- Who am I?
- Whose am I?
- What are my gifts and how am I called to use them.
Please hover your mouse over the “Classes” menu tab for a drop-down menu of our full course offerings.
- Western, Eastern and Indigenous Mindfulness, Contemplation and Journey practices
- The Spiritual Exercises and Rules of Discernment of St. Ignatius
- Creativity Practices
- The Myers-Briggs Personality Profile
- The Enneagram Temperament Tool
- The Spiritual/Personal Gifts Inventory
- The Authentic Freedom™ protocol
From Western Psychology, Authentic Freedom™ draws from:
- Carl Jung’s creative imagination, archetype and shadow work
- Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and theories of self-actualization
- The humanistic theories and creativity practices of Carl and Natalie Rogers
- The stages of spiritual development of James Fowler and John Westerhoff
- Bill Plotkin’s development of the human Soul
From Western Spirituality, Authentic Freedom™ has its roots in the original teachings of Jesus* which were then formalized into the meditation, contemplation and service practices of Western Monasticism, specifically those favored in Benedictine, Franciscan, and Ignatian spirituality.
*The original teachings of Jesus are those rooted in the universal (and non-religious) call of love:
- love of God (the God of your own understanding)
- love of Self
- love of Neighbor – recognizing that all of humanity is our neighbor
- lived out through acts of compassion
- working for justice