Last night in our gathering of the Superhero Academy, we continued our discussion of Superpowers. (Part I HERE .) This week, we focused on the “non-traditional” or “magical” superpowers. None of these are truly magic, however, because all of them come from God….but then again, isn’t everything that comes from God magic? 😉 The superpowers we discussed are as follows:
- Trans-dimensional vision, hearing
- Time Walking
- Inter-dimensional travel
- Time Morphing
- Soul Retrieval
- Catalyst (aka Shit Disturber)
- Shadow Walking
- Death Walking
Rather than imposing my own understanding of these superpowers, I invited the Superheroes to come up with their own description/definition of these superpowers, acknowledging that there would be no wrong answer. (As a reflection activity, I would invite you to do the same.) The Superheroes arrived at some beautiful ways of understanding these superpowers. I added my own nuance, especially with those, like divination, shadow walker and death walker, which may have gotten a bad-rap in the post-Victorian, Western world.
Divination, quite simply means, seeking and accessing divine guidance.
Shadow walkers are those who are able to walk with others through their shadow, their fears, their compulsions, their darkness.
Death walkers are called and have the gift of being able to accompany another through the transition of dying.
We then identified some important things to remember about the care and use of superpowers:
- All superpowers come to us through God and are how God works through us for the betterment of the world.
- We have the freedom to say “no” to our superpowers, BUT we will probably be hounded (by Spirit) until we say “yes.”
- Superpowers are intended to be used for GOOD, and to use them in any other way will result in dire consequences, not as punishment, but as a natural consequence of putting “bad” into the world. (karma is a bitch!)
- Superpowers are a responsibility….we have the responsibility to cultivate them, care for them, and most importantly, SHARE THEM.
- When using our superpowers, it is important FIRST to seek Divine guidance, direction from our highest self, as to how, when and where we are called to use these powers.
In the coming week, spend some time reflecting on the list of superpowers above. What is your understanding of these superpowers? How might you be gifted with one, or several, of these superpowers? How are you invited to cultivate and share these gifts?