Today’s blog is for EVERYONE. The world is changing, the universe is changing, the sun’s poles are flipping, and in the midst of all this change, we get to decide…….old world or new world? The choice is up to us. Today’s blog explores the consequence(s) of staying in the old world and the Why and How we might choose the new world instead.
The old world is the world that the human species has been living in for the past 5000 or so years. It is a world rooted in patriarchy which elevates the masculine principle while demonizing the feminine. It is a hierarchical world in which decisions are made from the top down by those in power, and usually in not very loving ways. The old world is one that manipulates through fear and intimidation. Power, control and wealth are TAKEN by the few while the rest suffer in silence, made mute by their feelings of powerlessness. The old world is one in which the seven deadly compulsions reign – gluttony, lust (power-over), wrath, envy, greed, sloth and pride and where “success” comes through ceaseless striving, manipulation and force. Unless you exist within the (less than) 1%, the old world feels constricting, painful, fearful, limiting, and your life is therefore defined by feelings of anxiety, depression, frustration, impatience and longing.
The new world, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of what we have known for the past 5000+ years. The new world is rooted in love, known by peace and lived out in harmonious cooperation. The new world is neither patriarchal nor matriarchal, but is instead rooted in egalitarianism – where masculine and feminine (and everything in between) are valued as unique and equal. Decisions are made through collaboration and arrived at through consensus and are made to meet the higher good of the all. In the new world, each and every person is valued as uniquely creative expressions of the Divine and are honored for their own unique giftedness and empowered to contribute their part in the betterment of the world. In the new world, all that we have used to separate will fall away and all will be honored as sacred and unique.
Continuing to Choose the Old World
Because we have been gifted with the power of freewill, we may continue to choose the old world. We can continue to choose anxiety, constriction, longing, impatience, frustration and for many….failure. For some, this will indeed be their path. For those who were placed on this planet to envision and help support the creation of the new world however, continuing to choose the old world will only lead to their demise. If you have been gifted with a vision of the new world and feel called to help make it happen (lightworkers, wayshowers, starseeds, indigo children, crystal children, rainbow children, galactic federation of light, ascension, kundalini), the Universe will conspire in your favor to make this happen. If you have been gifted with the vision of a new world – and feel called to help make it real and if you are facing your own demise or coming against one obstacle after another after another, your relationships are a sea of conflict, or you are seeing the world you have tried to create crumbling in your hands, there is a reason for this. The harder things get for you, be assured that the more the Universe is trying to wake you up to your vision and your call. As such, if the world you are living in is filled with conflict, struggle and catastrophe, you might want to reexamine your choices. Perhaps you have been unwittingly choosing the old world instead of the new.
Choosing the Old or Living in the New?
The hardest thing in the world is choosing the NEW world because all we have known and been taught is how to choose the old. Old habits die hard. Choosing the old world or living in the new are distinguished from each other in a number of ways.
The old world is:
- ruled by the ego
- where decisions are made in fear
- known by a constant inner state of anxiety
- characterized by striving and pushing to “make things happen”
- known by the quest for power and control
- where people feel limited, constricted, ignored, insignificant, unsatisfied
- defined by separation – gender, orientation, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, race, etc.
- rife with conflict, struggle, suffering, discord, etc.
the new world is:
- ruled by the Divine within
- known where decisions are not made but arise naturally out of our connection with the Divine
- where life is allowed to happen and to unfold in a gentle, effortless way
- known in generous sharing and equal participation
- where people experience a life that is fulfilling, rewarding, sustaining, abundant, life-giving, joyful, peaceful and loving
- defined by oneness
Living in the new world is made possible when we commit ourselves to the following:
- A disciplined spiritual practice (which I define rather widely) through which we take time aside to be quiet, listen for and be open to hearing and believing the voice of the Divine within us.
- Disciplined attention to and healing of one’s own fears, compulsions, projections, etc.
- Management of our shadow. When we confront our own demons, we stop projecting them on to others.
- Exploration of our own unique giftedness, followed by the cultivation and generous sharing of these gifts in an environment where are gifts are readily and enthusiastically received and where we experience the abundant fruits of our labors.
- In a nutshell – disciplined attention to our own journey of spiritual, emotional, mental and physical growth.
- And finally…..LOVE. Loving ourselves first so that we may then reflect love to others, igniting in them the spark of wanting to remember the love that they are and setting them on the journey as outlined above.
Choosing the New World
Choosing the new world is not an easy task, primarily because in choosing love we have to overcome 5000+ years of conditioning, not to mention our own fears and inner resistance. However, if we have been gifted with a vision of the new world, along with the call to make it happen, we don’t really have a choice – unless, however, we want to continue to live in misery. Please note, that this is true not only for individuals, but also for institutions which have also been gifted with this vision and this call. The call is the same – “Wake up, Wake up” It is time to awaken to your call and time to bring forth the new world.