I know that these have been difficult times for many people, especially financially. As such, I am offering a special reduced rate on my Spiritual Direction services at least through the end of August. The special rate is $60.00 per hour and sessions are available in person, over the phone and via Skype. To book a Spiritual Direction session, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 230-1313. Below…..what the heck is Spiritual Direction anyway? (PS I’m not a psychic!)
What is Spiritual Direction?
The ministry of Spiritual Direction is difficult to explain because it can take on so many different qualities. It looks a little like therapy because there is a lot of talking involved and the topics that do come up might be the same as the topics you would bring to a therapy session: grief, life transitions, seeking direction, relationship struggles, recovery, etc. Spiritual Direction, however is dramatically different from therapy in its intention, direction and desired outcome. The primary focus of Spiritual Direction is to help you get in touch with the voice of truth within yourself and to move through the obstacles to living that truth.
Sounds pretty fancy and esoteric, right? To put it into theistic terms (God), Spiritual Direction provides you with the tools to
- Know God
- Know yourself
- Uncover your own unique giftedness and to find ways to live that out in the world
Ultimately, Spiritual Direction is NOT about talking. It is about listening….and my job as a Spiritual Director is to help you learn to hear your own truth and to give you tools to move through the fears that may be blocking your ability to hear and live that truth. To give you some examples, here are the things Spiritual Direction has helped me to hear and move toward embracing:
- I heard the call to pursue training as a Lay Minister, Spiritual Director and Reiki Master Practitioner and Spiritual Direction helped me move through the fears that had previously kept me from these roles.
- I came to understand that I had been gifted as a writer and was called to share my writing publicly (through this blog and through my published books)
- Spiritual Direction gave me the tools to move through the fears and pain of being rejected by my church for standing in the call that God had given me (Reiki, Contemplative Practices, my books)
- Spiritual Direction helped me to see that my marriage had come to an irreparable end and that divorce was necessary
- Spiritual Direction helped me to release past resentments, hurts and betrayals that were blocking my ability to being open to healthy intimacy with friends, family, loved ones.
- Spiritual Direction helped me to identify behaviors, perceptions, etc. that were keeping me from living a joyful and contented life.
- Spiritual Direction helped me to find tools that have deepened my relationship with the Source of peace (that I call God), and have allowed me to experience more peace in my life.
- Spiritual Direction helps me to receive Divine guidance more clearly with less confusion and doubt.
- Spiritual Direction has helped me to listen, hear, receive, BELIEVE and live my truth more authentically and with less fear.
In a nutshell….Spiritual Direction is really cool……and the best part is that it is EMPOWERING!!!! You are the one doing the work. I am just standing as witness, helping you to hear the things that you can’t hear yourself. In this way, the responsibility of Spiritual Direction ultimately lies with you….I am just the witness. And while I have been accused of being able to “hear the truth beyond the words,” I am not psychic. I’m just listening and helping you to do the same.
To learn more about Spiritual Direction, click on the following link: http://yourspiritualtruth.com/private-consutations/
And know that I provide Spiritual Direction in person, via phone and Skype. If you are interested in exploring Spiritual Direction as something that may be helpful in your own journey, call me at (920) 230-1313 or email: email@example.com. Thanks!