- You’re also not evil, going to hell and neither do you need to leave behind the things you have enjoyed about your Catholic faith.
- You can be of rational mind and discerning spirit, you can question, challenge, confront, embrace the proposed reforms of Vatican II and cringe at the “reform of the reform.”
- You can seek the God of your own understanding and find He, She, it, Them, in scripture, in the rituals of the Catholic tradition and anywhere else for that matter.
- You can seek unity across religious traditions and embrace what is “of love” in all faiths.
- You can shake hands with the Dalai Lama, dance with the Sufis, sing halleluias with the Pentecostals, sit with the Zen Buddhists and practice asana with the Hindus and yogis……while still appreciating your tribal roots in Catholicism.
- You can accept what speaks truth to you and set aside what does not.
- You can embrace the law of God that resides in your heart and accept “Primacy of Conscience” as your guiding force.
- You can grieve the actions of a religious institution that cause you sorrow, anger, frustration or pain and find new life on the other side.
Authentic Freedom Ministries speaks to people of all faiths (including those who call themselves athiest or agnostic), and is a unique voice to those who were raised Catholic, especially to those who find themselves searching, disenfranchised, disenchanted or frustrated. Through our inspirational blog, Your Spiritual Truth, our classes, programs and services and through our subscription meditation newsletter, Agape’, we speak to the heart of those who might say the following or desire to say the following about themselves:
I am a Contemplative, Progressive, Catholic Christian
- Jesus is my teacher and guru and I can see the truth as revealed through other teachers and spiritual leaders.
- Through contemplative prayer practices, I find wisdom, guidance and comfort beyond doctrine.
- Through contemplative practices, I have found truth and wisdom in scripture – even in those that have been interpreted through the lens of fear.
- I embrace ritual, mystery, mysticism, art, architecture, nature, music, commmunity and sacrament as vehicles of God’s grace.
- I was raised Catholic and recognize this as my “tribe” while feeling free to embrace what speaks truth to me and setting aside what does not.
- I am “catholic” in the sense of being universal – seeking to find the unity in the perceived separations between doctrine, beliefs and religious practice and honoring everything that leads us toward Love as grace-filled and sacred.
- I embrace love as the truth Jesus came to reveal.
- I believe in the truth of our Oneness with God in love and that this is the truth that sets us free.
- I believe that all paths lead us to God – that which is our Source and Origin in love.
- I honor all holy men and women, regardless of their chosen beliefs, who have followed the law of love.
- I find more meaning in the search and in asking the questions than in the perceived certainties of doctrine or law.
Authentic Freedom Ministries