Today’s blog boldly goes where no woman has gone before……naming and claiming who I am and what I do without apologies!!!!!
Apologies, Back peddling, Explaining, Rationalizing
A very important mirror was held up for me yesterday. It is the mirror that showed me the ways in which I diminish, devalue, brush off as insignificant or incomprehensible the work that I do in the world in service to humanity and in service to God. I was reminded of the tremendous value of what I do and that I need to give the work and myself more credit. In short, I need to stop apologizing for what I do or shying away from explaining what I do because it is so dang hard to explain, because I’m afraid people will think I’m weird (which I already know that I am), or because I think they won’t “get it.” So, today, for those who have ears to hear, I offer no more apologies…..this is who I am and the work that I do in the world!
I am a Spiritual Director
- I help you find new life in the losses and disappointments of your life
- I help you move through the fears that hold you back from finding meaning or enjoyment in life
- I help you live the life of your dreams
I am a Reiki Master/Practitioner
- I help you release the energies in your body that cause spiritual, emotional, mental and physical dis-ease
- I help you release the clutter in your mind
- I help you experience deep inner peace and harmony
I am a Spiritual Teacher
- I help you find the practices that move you through fear and lead you to inner peace and joy
- Through the classes that I have developed and the programs I offer, I guide you in the journey of moving through your fears and living the life of your dreams
I am a writer and author
- Through my writing, I provide spiritual inspiration, support and guidance.
I am a Contemplative, Progressive, Catholic Christian
- Jesus is my teacher and guru
- Through contemplative prayer practices, I find wisdom, guidance and comfort in scripture
- I embrace ritual, mystery, mysticism, art, architecture, nature, music, commmunity and sacrament as vehicles of God’s grace
- I was raised Catholic and recognize this as my “tribe” while feeling free to embrace what speaks truth to me and setting aside what does not
- I am “catholic” in the sense of being universal – seeking to find the unity in the perceived separations between doctrine, beliefs and religious practice and honoring everything that leads us toward Love as grace-filled and sacred
- I embrace love as the truth Jesus came to reveal
- I believe in the truth of our Oneness with God in love and that this is the truth that sets us free
- I believe that all paths lead us to God – that which is our Source and Origin in love
- I honor all holy men and women, regardless of their chosen beliefs, who have followed the law of love
- I find more meaning in the search and in asking the questions than in the perceived certainties of doctrine or law.
Authentic Freedom Ministries