Today’s blog introduces you to The Agape’ Project a new venture of Authentic Freedom Ministries and a resource to help you remember your original nature as love….peace….and joy!
Tell ’em you’re going to tell ’em; Tell ’em, then Tell ’em again!”
One of the primary guidelines from my past life in media advertising was the saying: Tell them what you are going to tell them. Tell Them. Then, tell them again. This leads into the other rule of advertising that people have to see something at least three times before they even know they saw it. So……this is what I have been doing for the past several weeks….telling you what I am going to tell you. Today I will tell you and tomorrow, I will tell you again!
As I have been mentioning, tomorrow, March 15, 2012…..The Ides of March, is the official launch of The Agape’ Project. The Agape’ Project is a culmination of 20 years of personal spiritual practice using the tools from the Western (Christian) Contemplative (Mystical) tradition, 20+ years of theological and spiritual studies, and 20 years of sharing these tools with others. In these 20+ years, I have found these tools to be THE MOST effective way to cultivate peace, compassion and joy in our lives. And, the Agape’ Project makes these tools available in an easy to use, simple to understand format.
Another “rule” from my days in outside sales: WIFM……What is in it for me? In other words, before we “buy” something, we need to know how it is going to benefit us. So……here are some of the things that they Agape’ Project can do for you if you choose to subscribe:
- Answer some of your questions about scripture, Hebrew culture, Jesus’ teachings
- Make scripture accessible and applicable to your everyday life
- Help you connect with the voice of truth (God) within
- Help you find the spiritual practice(s) that work for you
- Help you find accessible, approachable methods for meditation and contemplation
- Help you to know peace, love and joy more fully
- Help you to identify the spiritual fears that might be in the way of you knowing peace
- Help you to find healing and release from those fears
- Help you to KNOW God, not just know ABOUT God
- Help you to find the path to fulfillment and happiness
- Help you to find tools to help you make it through life’s challenges
Truly, the list is endless…but that’s a start.
What I’m going to tell you
So, below you will find more information about the Agape’ Project and what I will again be telling you tomorrow….with a special invitation for you to share it with your friends. Thanks!
Agape’ – The Greek word used in Christian scripture to describe the unconditional, unmerited, infinite, abundantly flowing Love of God. Even more than that, Agape’ reminds us that God is LOVE and that we too are that Love in our connection with God, with one another and with all of Creation. By embracing Agape’, we REMEMBER THE LOVE THAT WE ARE.
The Agape’ Project seeks to get effective tools for Spiritual Formation into the hands of adults by providing a weekly resource that is available on a subscription basis. As a subscriber, you will receive the weekly Agape’ Project newsletter which will consist of resources for your personal spiritual practice and that could eventually be shared in a small group setting. Resources included in the weekly Agape Project newsletter:
- A scripture reading (or two)
- Some background on the scripture (historical and sociological context, literary genre, author, audience, etc.)
- A brief reflection on the scripture
- Suggested meditation/contemplation/prayer activity using the scripture
- Questions for personal reflection or to be shared within a small group
Flexible Payment Options:
To meet the broad range of financial accessibility, you are invited to choose from the following payment options:
$20.00 per month (for those with the financial means or who intend to share these resources within a group of up to 10 participants)
$10.00 per month (for individuals or couples who are on a tighter budget – not intended for group use)
Note: If even the $10.00 per month is out of your reach, please contact Lauri Lumby at email@example.com to discuss other arrangements.
To subscribe, click on one of the links below:
$20.00 per month option:
$10.00 per month option: