Today through my spiritual practice, I was reminded of the Authentic Freedom process and the invitation to return to these principles as I traverse the pathway of divorce and spiritual freedom.
Well, the kids and I survived our vacation and are glad to be home and back to a regular routine – a routine that includes my daily meditation practice. Returning to my daily meditation practice has also allowed me to return to the Authentic Freedom principles and how they are serving as a source of guidance and support in the continuing process of divorce. So….here is the current update.
- The kids and I have found the home that we want to make our own.
- We have obtained contractor bids for the needed repairs.
- We have the downpayment for the home.
- Now we need to find a lending institution that is willing to take a chance on giving a loan to a full-time mother and part-time spiritual director who is in the process of growing her business through the professional guidance and support of a Marketing Consultant. Ha….herein lies the current perceived obstacle.
Now….here are my temptations. 1) To be afraid that we will not find the money to pay for the house. 2) To obsess about how to pay for the house. 3) To brainstorm friends and family members who might give us a loan. 4) To obsess some more. 5) To get on the phone and start making appointments with social service organizations in search of housing assistance. 6) obsess some more. AND….I can promise you that I have spent my fair share of time doing all of the above. YUK!
This morning, after a week of “vacation” spent largely obsessing about all of the above, I returned to what I teach and what I know. I surrendered to my morning meditation and out of the chaos of obsessive thoughts, I found that place of peaceful silence. In the midst of the silence, this is what I heard:
Watch. Wait. Trust.
Whispering in my ear was the voice of the Divine that reminded me that all is happening in perfect timing and in the perfect way….all for my highest good. The money that I need to buy the home that best meets the needs of myself and my family will be there in perfect timing. I was reminded that when we are on the Divine path, the things that we need fall into our laps effortlessly. All we have to do is catch them when they arrive. All I need to do at this moment is be patient and have faith and trust. HA….easier said than done! This is where I am grateful for the wisdom that has been revealed to me through the Authentic Freedom process and the spiritual practice that allows me to be open to and to try to live these principles. These are the truths that I have once again been reminded to embrace:
- All of my needs are met in abundance by our Divine Source
- I am uniquely gifted to reveal God’s love in the world and am supported in doing so
- I can be and live as my most authentic self
- I am love
- Freely and openly expressing my truth is the path to freedom.
- I am one with the mind of God and it is through this oneness that my truth is revealed
- I am One with God and with all of creation and therefore am never alone
While it is easier in a sense to take the familiar path of wanting to manipulate and control my journey and try to force the answers to the process of divorce – I know that this is not the path to freedom. Spiritual Freedom is only found in following the path of the Divine and it is here that I am reminded to let go, to surrender and to trust that God is driving this ship and all I need to do is let it ride. So, today I humbly surrender my fears and my need to manipulate and control and trust that God knows what she is doing in leading us further along the path of contentment and joy. And for the spiritual practices that have allowed me to return to this state of surrender (for this moment anyway…), I offer a prayer of gratitude.
What is it that you are being invited to surrender to God’s hands?
Authentic Freedom Ministries